Traveling in 2018?
Best and Worst Cities for Keeping Your Resolutions
As many as 92 percent of Americans are doomed to fail at keeping their New Year’s resolutions, according to WalletHub, a personal finance website owned by Evolution Finance, Inc., parent company of the credit card website CardHub.com. The Washington, D.C. based company also noted “get out of debt” is among the most popular and most commonly broken resolution.
WalletHub wants to help Americans stick to their 2018 goals so they polled 180 U.S. cities across 52 key metrics. The data-set ranges from adult obesity to income growth and employment outlook.
2018’s Best & Worst Cities for Keeping Your New Year’s Resolutions is a follow-up to a previous report, Most Sinful Cities ranking.
The data is provided courtesy of WalletHub.
|Best Cities for Keeping Your New Year’s Resolutions||Worst Cities for Keeping Your New Year’s Resolutions|
|1||Seattle, WA||173||Columbus, GA|
|2||San Francisco, CA||174||Hialeah, FL|
|3||San Diego, CA||175||Mobile, AL|
|4||Scottsdale, AZ||176||Montgomery, AL|
|5||Salt Lake City, UT||177||Augusta, GA|
|6||San Jose, CA||178||Detroit, MI|
|7||Orlando, FL||179||Jackson, MS|
|8||Irvine, CA||180||Newark, NJ|
|9||Austin, TX||181||Shreveport, LA|
|10||Portland, OR||182||Gulfport, MS|
Best vs. Worst
- Fremont, California, has the lowest share of obese adults, 14.7 percent, which is 3.1 times lower than in Detroit, the city with the highest at 45.1 percent.
- Fremont, California, has the lowest share of delinquent debtors, 1.80 percent, which is seven times lower than in Tempe, Arizona, the city with the highest at 12.65 percent.
- South Burlington, Vermont, has the lowest unemployment rate, 2.1 percent, which is 5.2 times lower than in Detroit, the city with the highest at 10.9 percent.
- Charleston, West Virginia, has the lowest prevalence of adult binge- and heavy drinking, 11.1 percent, which is 2.4 times lower than in Madison, Wisconsin, the city with the highest at 26.4 percent.
- San Jose, California, has the lowest share of adult smokers, 8.4 percent, which is 3.1 times lower than in St. Louis, the city with the highest at 26.3 percent.
- El Paso, Texas, has the lowest average wedding cost (as a share of the median annual household income), 31.19 percent, which is 3.9 times lower than in Newark, New Jersey, the city with the highest at 121.43 percent.
To view the full report and your city’s rank, please visit: